Life, Health and $$ Update
I have been very busy procrastinating on this update. Actually, I have been very busy with LIFE and procrastinating and figuring out how to pay bills. Apparently, cleaning up my mess of a life, taking care of myself/my health, and my children is more than a full-time job because I can barely keep up with that. In addition, I have started multiple money making plans because I have never been a proud person but I am a very independent person. I also HATE asking for things. I have spent my WHOLE life working hard so that I am dependent on NO one and having a career so that I can pay my bills with minimal worry. I started working for my aunt Miriam and uncle Larry assembling elk calls with a Special work permit I had to apply for at the age of 13 yrs (legal age to work in Oregon is 14 year old) because if I wanted something, I had to buy it myself. You should have seen my little high school heart sink when my Dad said, I need to find a good man to support me, but also say in my mind, “Uh, I don’t think so. I am never going to rely on a man.” Now I realize that part of my inner work is letting go and asking for what I need so I am here asking, not expecting, not planning, but asking. However, I am going to start with the easy part, my health, because there’s really not much to say since I don’t have an appointment with the Hepatologist until the 29th, Wednesday.
I am feeling and looking so much better. Almost back to my normal self, whatever that is. I did have labs drawn a couple of weeks ago and EVERYthing was normal except my liver enzymes are still high but closer to normal. I have not been good with my nutrition (Halloween really threw me off) but I am getting back on track with that too. I realize I need to treat sugar kind of like I’m a alcoholic because one slip is long slide down for me usually. This sugar slip did cause a significant yeast issue that I needed additional liver processed medication to treat but I seem to be stable and it hasn’t had any affects to my energy, strength or functioning to this point. My energy levels at or near 100% prior to about the end of July when I started to feel crappy, however, I can feel if I do to much work or exercise, my inflammation go up. I did start a very gentle exercise routine last week, walking, a tiny bit of jogging, and lots of stretching. I have to remember not push myself and go very slow. I am very bad at this when it comes to exercise. I’ve spent my whole life doing self-talk to just run a little further and push myself a little harder, “you can make more three blocks,” “you can make it whole 1 mile today,” the 1st day starting back on an exercise routine, “you can do 2 more sets of 10 push-ups”... Now my self talk is, “feel that tightness in your chest,” “just run 2 blks,” “take a rest,” “you need to not push yourself into an inflammatory response” ... Weird, huh??? For the past 5-6 years it has been my exercise tolerance that has caused me to be concerned about auto-immune disorder. Questioning “maybe, I am just getting old” but “why do I feel like crap for 2 days after any intense exercise?” I used to ride my bike 7 mi to work and I started wondering if I was allergic to work because I’d wake up feeling great in the morning but I’d feel like crap once I got started actually working. My eyes would be sensitive to the lights. I could feel the lymph nodes in my neck swell and my head and brain start to fog. I am Going super slow with exercise. Really all the work around the house and slowly doing more and more house work, cooking, cleaning, organizing has been able to get me to point of starting any exercise at all. I am feeling so so much better, nearly 100% that I feel guilty asking for help. I feel like I should try to work but as a friend and nurse pointed out, I can’t afford to lose my OR health plan/Medicaid. I have a $500+ bill from 1 ER visit which was “covered” by my full-time job with health care coverage so ... yeah... Also, the stress and cognitive demands of full-time SLP work are very high. I would likely end up in another health crisis situation. Again, as much as I want to push myself to work, I agree with my friend, it’s not a wise idea, right now. I haven’t even heard the plan from the Hepatologist or know what I’m dealing with here. Likely a combination of factors, people are complicated beings.
So I am continuing with my Orginal plan to disversify my money making ventures s anand finding less stressful intense ways of making things work for the future and thinking about SLP work in mid late January or Feb. I have already rented 1/2 my garage and 1 parking space from my long driveway. I plan to rent 1-2 more spaces, possibly to RV’s. That was super easy, well except for cleaning the garage out and the backyard, oh yeah, and the time meeting people and writing up rental agreements. In addition, I have some things to sell so I thought about a consignment space with a friend who also needs money and has stuff to sell but after hearing the rent space charge, we realized that is only ones making money are the shop owners so we are doing a Estate Sale/Garage Sale which may be on a semi-regular basis. It has been great to have someone to help and support this set-up and I am so thankful. Also, I am providing a friend who needed childcare some services, which money has been super helpful! Now, these 3 things cost me NO money to start up, but the garage and parking space income are minimal right now and the Estate Sale in Dec is no sure money making venture, either. So I am still working on renting out 2 extra rooms. I had initially thought about a roommate which is stable income, potentially, but you never know what personality you are going to have to deal with on a long term basis. Therefore, I have decided to go with an AirBnB room and possibily hosting an international student for short term stays. Also, these can easily be changed if work/$/stress balance doesn’t work out. Now the AirBnB room is where I need to put some $$ in to get $$ back but I think that will have to wait till January. At the bottom of this post I will put links to MY wish lists that are primarily for house needs as well as the kid’s Christmas wishlists. However, there are actually much more pressing needs.
Now for the really hard part. Asking for help, mostly in the form of money. When I separated from my parents, I’d saved $1500, in 1989, which I thought was huge. By working 3 jobs while attending college full time, and paying for junior college myself, I made it a whole 1.5 yrs on my own (my own apartments and no roommates) with NO financial help at all but I did end up using credit for school and to get back home to the NW from TX. My boyfriend in TX frequently complained that I would never spend money. I am relearning how to be poor, so this, my adjustment to being poor again, has been a little slow and who wants to deal with bills they have no money to pay and no credit to even cover (you can’t have credit when you are in bankruptcy). Buying food daily to reduce waste, using the food I have, comparing costs etc. I am actually really good at NOT spending money and NOT paying non-critical bills when appropriate which has gotten me through the past 3 months with some help from my family and friends Needless to say, I have procrastinated this asking and figuring out priorities to a critical point and as much as I HATE $$, I have to have $$, there are some super important things I need pay for. I have healthcare covered. I am getting a little over $500/mo in Foodstamps. I get about $500/mo child support but Brian is barely making due as well. I can’t push something that has no ability to give. Right now, I have just enough to cover my bankruptcy payment to the trustee, $600, which is my only hope of keeping this house at this point. Impact NW, also suggested by a friend has no more housing assistance left. I have to keep my car, car insurance, my SLP license and need to earn a bunch of continuing education which all costs money not mention the regular bills. I cut my phone down to the very basic service and my WiFi, neither of which are my priorities, there are two libraries not far and we’ve survived without internet before. I should be able to pay PGE and NW Natural with Impact NW and St Vincent DePaul, child support and my Mom’s help and water can wait till Jan. Garbage service has been suspended but my neighbor was kind enough to let me put my compost (the majority of my garbage anyway) out for his bin last week. I really would be super happy if someone I know has a truck and few buck to haul out the load of garbage I’ve cleared out of my house, backyard and garage. I just need to make it through Dec because in Jan, I have a small pension which will pay last 3 months of the mortgage and multiple other unpaid bills as well as gutters for my house and other repairs.
I don’t have a lot of garbage but... It is still MY garbage. I am not a very prideful person, I do hate dealing with money and asking for things. I know that I have made many mistakes to get to this point but I am here cleaning up my mess and asking for help. I didn’t get here without some people who were the opposite of helpful, the takers, but this is not the time for this part of story. This is just me asking and hoping for some giving. So lastly, I want to say again, I know you ALL have busy stressful, money tight lives and if you made it this far through this note, I am guessing you’re a friend or family member but I still don’t expect help or plan on your help but it you can spare even $5, $10, or $20 dollars to make through this month that would be fantastic!!! Even if you can’t give but you can share this with your friends or family maybe a few generous souls will reach out from your extension of generousity and sharing.
Thank you to everyone who has given me time or $$ or both already. You know who are and it is very much appreciated and held close in my heart.
So Here is exactly what need assistance with RIGHT NOW.
Car Insurance - $256.22
Car Payment - $300.50
WA state SLP License fee - $91.00
OR state SLP License fee - $210.00
Smart but Scattered CEUs - $210.00
Online education courses - $300.00
Total - $1367.72
Plus
Truck load of garbage - $50??
Ways to send money -
https://www.paypal.me/inochizo
https://www.youcaring.com/ zoefreemanandfamily-965239
I am feeling and looking so much better. Almost back to my normal self, whatever that is. I did have labs drawn a couple of weeks ago and EVERYthing was normal except my liver enzymes are still high but closer to normal. I have not been good with my nutrition (Halloween really threw me off) but I am getting back on track with that too. I realize I need to treat sugar kind of like I’m a alcoholic because one slip is long slide down for me usually. This sugar slip did cause a significant yeast issue that I needed additional liver processed medication to treat but I seem to be stable and it hasn’t had any affects to my energy, strength or functioning to this point. My energy levels at or near 100% prior to about the end of July when I started to feel crappy, however, I can feel if I do to much work or exercise, my inflammation go up. I did start a very gentle exercise routine last week, walking, a tiny bit of jogging, and lots of stretching. I have to remember not push myself and go very slow. I am very bad at this when it comes to exercise. I’ve spent my whole life doing self-talk to just run a little further and push myself a little harder, “you can make more three blocks,” “you can make it whole 1 mile today,” the 1st day starting back on an exercise routine, “you can do 2 more sets of 10 push-ups”... Now my self talk is, “feel that tightness in your chest,” “just run 2 blks,” “take a rest,” “you need to not push yourself into an inflammatory response” ... Weird, huh??? For the past 5-6 years it has been my exercise tolerance that has caused me to be concerned about auto-immune disorder. Questioning “maybe, I am just getting old” but “why do I feel like crap for 2 days after any intense exercise?” I used to ride my bike 7 mi to work and I started wondering if I was allergic to work because I’d wake up feeling great in the morning but I’d feel like crap once I got started actually working. My eyes would be sensitive to the lights. I could feel the lymph nodes in my neck swell and my head and brain start to fog. I am Going super slow with exercise. Really all the work around the house and slowly doing more and more house work, cooking, cleaning, organizing has been able to get me to point of starting any exercise at all. I am feeling so so much better, nearly 100% that I feel guilty asking for help. I feel like I should try to work but as a friend and nurse pointed out, I can’t afford to lose my OR health plan/Medicaid. I have a $500+ bill from 1 ER visit which was “covered” by my full-time job with health care coverage so ... yeah... Also, the stress and cognitive demands of full-time SLP work are very high. I would likely end up in another health crisis situation. Again, as much as I want to push myself to work, I agree with my friend, it’s not a wise idea, right now. I haven’t even heard the plan from the Hepatologist or know what I’m dealing with here. Likely a combination of factors, people are complicated beings.
So I am continuing with my Orginal plan to disversify my money making ventures s anand finding less stressful intense ways of making things work for the future and thinking about SLP work in mid late January or Feb. I have already rented 1/2 my garage and 1 parking space from my long driveway. I plan to rent 1-2 more spaces, possibly to RV’s. That was super easy, well except for cleaning the garage out and the backyard, oh yeah, and the time meeting people and writing up rental agreements. In addition, I have some things to sell so I thought about a consignment space with a friend who also needs money and has stuff to sell but after hearing the rent space charge, we realized that is only ones making money are the shop owners so we are doing a Estate Sale/Garage Sale which may be on a semi-regular basis. It has been great to have someone to help and support this set-up and I am so thankful. Also, I am providing a friend who needed childcare some services, which money has been super helpful! Now, these 3 things cost me NO money to start up, but the garage and parking space income are minimal right now and the Estate Sale in Dec is no sure money making venture, either. So I am still working on renting out 2 extra rooms. I had initially thought about a roommate which is stable income, potentially, but you never know what personality you are going to have to deal with on a long term basis. Therefore, I have decided to go with an AirBnB room and possibily hosting an international student for short term stays. Also, these can easily be changed if work/$/stress balance doesn’t work out. Now the AirBnB room is where I need to put some $$ in to get $$ back but I think that will have to wait till January. At the bottom of this post I will put links to MY wish lists that are primarily for house needs as well as the kid’s Christmas wishlists. However, there are actually much more pressing needs.
Now for the really hard part. Asking for help, mostly in the form of money. When I separated from my parents, I’d saved $1500, in 1989, which I thought was huge. By working 3 jobs while attending college full time, and paying for junior college myself, I made it a whole 1.5 yrs on my own (my own apartments and no roommates) with NO financial help at all but I did end up using credit for school and to get back home to the NW from TX. My boyfriend in TX frequently complained that I would never spend money. I am relearning how to be poor, so this, my adjustment to being poor again, has been a little slow and who wants to deal with bills they have no money to pay and no credit to even cover (you can’t have credit when you are in bankruptcy). Buying food daily to reduce waste, using the food I have, comparing costs etc. I am actually really good at NOT spending money and NOT paying non-critical bills when appropriate which has gotten me through the past 3 months with some help from my family and friends Needless to say, I have procrastinated this asking and figuring out priorities to a critical point and as much as I HATE $$, I have to have $$, there are some super important things I need pay for. I have healthcare covered. I am getting a little over $500/mo in Foodstamps. I get about $500/mo child support but Brian is barely making due as well. I can’t push something that has no ability to give. Right now, I have just enough to cover my bankruptcy payment to the trustee, $600, which is my only hope of keeping this house at this point. Impact NW, also suggested by a friend has no more housing assistance left. I have to keep my car, car insurance, my SLP license and need to earn a bunch of continuing education which all costs money not mention the regular bills. I cut my phone down to the very basic service and my WiFi, neither of which are my priorities, there are two libraries not far and we’ve survived without internet before. I should be able to pay PGE and NW Natural with Impact NW and St Vincent DePaul, child support and my Mom’s help and water can wait till Jan. Garbage service has been suspended but my neighbor was kind enough to let me put my compost (the majority of my garbage anyway) out for his bin last week. I really would be super happy if someone I know has a truck and few buck to haul out the load of garbage I’ve cleared out of my house, backyard and garage. I just need to make it through Dec because in Jan, I have a small pension which will pay last 3 months of the mortgage and multiple other unpaid bills as well as gutters for my house and other repairs.
I don’t have a lot of garbage but... It is still MY garbage. I am not a very prideful person, I do hate dealing with money and asking for things. I know that I have made many mistakes to get to this point but I am here cleaning up my mess and asking for help. I didn’t get here without some people who were the opposite of helpful, the takers, but this is not the time for this part of story. This is just me asking and hoping for some giving. So lastly, I want to say again, I know you ALL have busy stressful, money tight lives and if you made it this far through this note, I am guessing you’re a friend or family member but I still don’t expect help or plan on your help but it you can spare even $5, $10, or $20 dollars to make through this month that would be fantastic!!! Even if you can’t give but you can share this with your friends or family maybe a few generous souls will reach out from your extension of generousity and sharing.
Thank you to everyone who has given me time or $$ or both already. You know who are and it is very much appreciated and held close in my heart.
So Here is exactly what need assistance with RIGHT NOW.
Car Insurance - $256.22
Car Payment - $300.50
WA state SLP License fee - $91.00
OR state SLP License fee - $210.00
Smart but Scattered CEUs - $210.00
Online education courses - $300.00
Total - $1367.72
Plus
Truck load of garbage - $50??
Ways to send money -
https://www.paypal.me/inochizo
https://www.youcaring.com/
Amazon WishLists
My List - http://a.co/8ia1Ogb
Elliott’s List - http://a.co/6RrmBz4
Macey’s List - http://a.co/22Q4smg
Ikea WishList for AirBnB and AirBnB Room Needs (NOT a PRIORITY right now and not shareable but ask me if you really want to know.
Comments
Post a Comment