Skip to main content

Health Update

Hello Friends and Family,

I am sorry I've been a bit absent the past few weeks.  I've busy just trying to navigate this crazy life.  I've had some ups and some downs.  Right at this very moment I'm on a bit of a down slope but always looking to the top of the next hill and figuring out how to get there.  My First step was making this blog because the YOUCARING website (See here for prior Updates and Information https://www.youcaring.com/zoefreemanandfamily-965239 ) only allows one picture per update and sometimes I have more than one picture to convey my ideas and information.
I'll start with my health update because that's what most of you reading this want to know most about anyway. I started feeling really good two weeks ago but I pushed myself too hard and fell way way off the nutrition wagon and the past 2 weeks have been pretty crappy.  I got set up with the Oregon Health Plan, though, and started figuring out how to navigate this new to me system.  I have been unhappy with my primary care doctor for some time and now I have to switch doctors and I am not sad.  The most recent lab tests *I* had to request most of them and then almost one month ago now I had lab tests drawn and the lab just didn't do them.  I had to call and ask what happened and if I needed to come in for a redraw. They didn't get back to me as promised.  I called quite annoyed the following week and finally got in for a redraw on Wednesday.  No results for these really important tests as of Friday last week.  I got a call from my doctor on Saturday.  My inflammation rate is very high and initial autoimmune tests are positive (pictures posted are lab results for those interested in those things).  I now have referrals to GI liver specialist as my liver function continues to be affected which my doctor has wanted for some time but I feel this is just a symptom of the autoimmune disease process that I have been concerned about for over 5 years.  Yes, I mentioned this to my doctor 5 YEARS ago but I got allergy meds and thyroid tests. I am waiting for Rheumatology to call back but I know the referral went in on Thursday.  I am scheduled to see the Liver specialist on Nov. 30 which is way ahead of the initial date they gave me of Jan.  I really hope I can get in to Rheumatology before Jan.  Now I have to find a new PCP.  I will be focused on decreasing my inflammation through diet and continued Naproxen use but Naproxen is not supposed to be a long term medication and can cause problems of its own.
I was going to post a Life Update but that is going to have to wait as LIFE issuses need to be dealt with and writing about them is lower priority.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update 22 Oct 2017

It was sore fatiguing rough crappy weekend.  Not much got done on my part.  I took it really easy and reminded myself to be gentle on myself because pushing it would not help.  I finally made the decision to go to the ER today.  The inflammation on my head and face continued to worsen this week and I've felt since I was diagnosed with liver inflammation that I've had a sinus infection.  However, because antibiotics are liver processed and my doctor didn't want to treat it. Well, my eye started turning red yesterday and my vision seemed blurry.  I also have had a sore throat for the past couple of days and difficulty swallowing.  None of it super serious but I don't even have a PCP picked out yet through OHP and who knows if they'll will feel confident with any of the stuff going on.  I ended up with a very relaxed easy going doctor who sat down and talked with me.  Sunday AM was a good choice of a time to go to Providence ...

Givers Give and Takers Take and Asking never hurts

Life, Health  and $$ Update I have been very busy procrastinating on this update.  Actually, I have been very busy with LIFE and procrastinating and figuring out how to pay bills.  Apparently, cleaning up my mess of a life, taking care of myself/my health, and my children is more than a full-time job because I can barely keep up with that. In addition, I have started multiple money making plans because I have never been a proud person but I am a very independent person.  I also HATE asking for things.  I have spent my WHOLE life working hard so that I am dependent on NO one and having a career so that I can pay my bills with minimal worry. I started working for my aunt Miriam and uncle Larry assembling elk calls with a Special work permit I had to apply for at the age of 13 yrs (legal age to work in Oregon is 14 year old) because if I wanted something, I had to buy it myself. You should have seen my little high school heart sink when my Dad said, I nee...